Principal Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Naperville, IL, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Minimum of bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology and Management, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- You have extensive experience with legacy Informatica, and Hadoop based EDW platforms and have led or significantly contributed to a major cloud migration
- You are a subject matter expert of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within an enterprise data warehousing environment
- You have a strong background in distributed data warehousing with AWS Redshift (Snowflake, Big Query, and/or Azure Data Warehouse)
- You have expert programming/scripting knowledge in building and managing ETL pipelines using SQL, Python, and Bash
- Lead and develop passionate data engineering teams through complex data migrations from disparate legacy ETL platforms to modern and highly scalable distributed data platforms
- Design and develop distributed ETL/ELT pipelines with cloud-native data stores. AWS, Redshift and Snowflake preferred
- Facilitate fast and efficient data migrations through a deep understanding of design, mapping, implementation, management, and support of distributed data pipelines
- Prepare data mapping, data flow, production support, and pipeline documentation for all projects
- Create and document an end-to-end approach on data warehouse and data mart implementation plans
- Consult our clients and business, product, and data science teams to understand end-user requirements or analytics needs to implement the most appropriate data platform technology and scalable data engineering practices
- Any technical Professional Certification from AWS, Azure or GCP
Cloud engineering & data platforms
Egen are cloud engineering and data experts partnering with fast-scaling startups and large enterprises to launch new digital applications, modernize data infrastructures, and create conversational interfaces powered by machine learning and AI.
- Fun team outings
- Health insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Food & drinks
- Parental leave
Company Core Values
- Agile - We move swiftly and decisively, can change quickly, and succeed in a rapidly changing, ambiguous, and turbulent environment.
- Masterful - We are highly skilled and proficient in whatever we do.
- Adaptable - We are innately curious and constantly keep evolving.
- Zestful - We bring energy and enthusiasm to work every day and enjoy what we do.
- Entrepreneurial - We are team players who are not afraid to take a risk, constantly bring new ideas, and never give up.