Why We Matter: Founded by software engineers with a background in social networking, the idea for Aura was to create a private photo sharing platform for smaller groups of people. Effortless sharing and smart curation were unlocked by the Aura app and AI, and when paired with a smart frame, memories became part of daily life separate from our devices. Aura frames now display more than 1.5 billion photos everyday, with millions of photos added regularly by a network of invited app users. Headquartered in New York, Aura is available online and in select retail stores across North America and Europe.
How You Will Add Value: As a creative and self-motivated Consumer Public Relations Manager, you will join our global marketing team leading earned coverage for Aura’s product line-up. You have a pulse on consumer trends, a passion for storytelling, and the ability to source, develop, and place high impact stories that showcase the utility and innovation of Aura’s connected frames and associated software experiences. You are well-versed in consumer electronics or lifestyle and have strong knowledge of the current media and affiliate landscape.
What Excites You About An Opportunity:
- Lead Aura’s consumer product PR strategy and execution, increasing Aura’s product-focused press coverage across tech and lifestyle outlets
- Secure and manage product reviews and ensure placement in top tier category-relevant round-ups with high SEO/shopper engagement
- Manage, optimize, and scale Aura’s affiliate program
- Build and foster relationships with reporters in tech, business, and consumer lifestyle
- Proactively develop timely and relevant storylines to strengthen coverage opportunities; develop and manage Aura’s editorial calendar
- Manage day-to-day relationships and priorities for global agencies and contractors
- Own tracking, measurement, and reporting of press and affiliate activities
- Partner cross-functionally with Aura’s marketing, brand, and product teams to strengthen PR efforts
We’re Excited About You Because:
- Strong (ie. 5-7) years working in tech or consumer PR
- Relationships with technology and consumer media and a deep understanding of what resonates with them
- Proven ability to secure feature stories and/or product reviews
- Knowledge and experience managing editorial affiliate programs
- Experience planning and executing large-scale campaigns
- A knowledge and understanding of evolving PR and consumer trends and how to think big and creatively for proactive campaigns
- Bias towards action/execution as a key member of Aura’s global marketing team
- Ability to work within a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and project management skills
Because You Matter: We believe in creating a happy and supportive work environment, so you can both excel at your job and actually enjoy coming into work each day. Compensation for this role will be in the $95,000 - $115,000 range.
For full-time, US-based employees. Benefits may differ for part-time or international roles.
- 🏥 Comprehensive health plans - Aura pays 100% of the premium for employees and 50% for families.
- 📈 401(k) with match - Aura fully matches the first 4% of your salary contributed
- 🌯 Lunch and snacks available everyday in the office (NY & SF)
- 💪 $150 monthly fitness allowance - gym, coaching, etc
- 🏝 Generous time off - and you’re required to take at least 10 days off each year
Aura Home Inc. All rights reserved, Aura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.