At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
Are you currently enrolled in an Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Graduate program and looking for an exciting 2022 summer internship opportunity? Join Cadence Design Systems’ Application Engineering team and work with best in class EDA tools, collaborate with R&D and the Sales team in a dynamic, innovative environment. Learn processes that are in the forefront of technology, how a company like Cadence works as well as experience how teams solve problems.
Where is this Internship located?
San Jose, California
What opportunity is offered?
The intern will have the opportunity to participate in a three month program consisting of hands-on training of applications used for Digital Design, Physical Design, Analog Layout, Digital Simulation, Advanced Verification, Hardware Emulation, or FPGA prototyping. The intern will also have an opportunity to interact with and learn from Senior Application Engineers in pre-sale and post-sale roles.
Depending on the team you join you will develop your expertise in:
- Design fundamentals such as architecture, micro-architecture, HDLs, Synthesis and timing
- Verification skills such as UVM testbench architecture, development, and debug
- Embedded software development and HW/SW codesign and co-verification
- UNIX , C/C++, and scripting languages such as Perl, TCL, Python
- Physical design experiences in the digital implementation domain including Floorplan, P&R, STA, Physical verification, DFM
- Sign-off tools for STA, IR drop, power analysis, SI analysis
How long is this Internship?
Duration of this Internship is three  months.
What benefits do Interns receive?
- Competitive pay and eligibility to participate in 401k benefits
- Working for one of Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Real world work experience and research opportunities
- Exposure to EDA and semiconductor IP technology
- Opportunity to work with engineering and business experts
- Opportunity to network and participate in fun activities with the intern and recent college grad community at Cadence
At Cadence, our core values are more than just words, they are the way we work, laugh, debate, care, question, and innovate together. We are One Cadence—One Team.
Cadence plays a critical role in creating the technologies that modern life depends on. We are a global electronic design automation (EDA) company, providing software, hardware, and intellectual property to design advanced semiconductor chips that enable our customers to create revolutionary products and experiences. Our team’s shared passion for solving the world’s toughest technical challenges makes us proud to be part of Cadence. Our unique culture has been recognized on FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list and garnered accolades from the Great Place To Work Institute around the globe.
We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.