Lead HMI Architect
Posted on 2/24/2023
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- At least 7+ years of experience defining in-vehicle features and user experiences
- At least 3-5 years of usability testing experience
- Extensive experience in researching and benchmarking competitive vehicles
- Expert-level skills writing user stories, HMI requirements and standards, and architecting functional flows
- Experience and a passion for championing the position of the end user to deliver best-in-class vehicle functions
- Experience communicating objectives and desired outcomes with Hardware, Software, and Packaging Engineers, User Experience Designers, and Homologation, Brand, and Product teams
- Firm understanding of in-vehicle driver distraction, engineering guidelines, and automotive laws and regulations for both domestic and international programs
- You will help the team define the overall Human Machine Interface and User Experience strategy for vehicle functionality across a variety of in-vehicle features
- You will participate in user journey definition together with a cross functional team that includes designers, hardware and software engineers, vehicle and industrial designers
- You will lead the cross-function user experience design and development process while working with Hardware, Software, and Packaging Engineers, User Experience Designers, and Homologation, Brand, and Product teams to achieve correct user functionality
- You will be responsible for documenting user stories, requirements, and functional flows
- You will help the team conduct research and benchmarking exercises for various market and concept vehicles
- You will participate in usability studies on vehicle hardware and features, analyze findings, and document results along with recommendations
- You will help build hardware/software standards and guidelines for future vehicle programs
- Some experience with rapid fabrication and prototyping methods is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team