Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in accounting, preferably with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Experience with Oracle AP, AR and GL modules a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, lookups, conditional formatting)
- Support the preparation of internal and external financial statements and schedules
- Lead delivery of accounting tasks and projects
- Execute judgements to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month
- Prepare assigned monthly journal entries on a timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analyze and reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Work with the business to ensure accruals are complete and accurate
- Analyze and report on key expense categories
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and maintain supporting documentation
- Review all Concur and personal reimbursement transactions to ensure compliance with company policies
- Analyze internal processes, identify improvements to reduce closing cycle time and create other efficiencies
- Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate Financial Closing policies, narratives and procedures for GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Support departmental and business leaders by providing accurate information/analysis
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers
- Escalating risks and issues as necessary to leadership
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives
- Experience working with large volumes of data, and is passionate about solving problems with data analytics
- Experience with various BI tools such as Tableau, Looker and Power BI
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet deadlines
- Customer service-oriented skills and mindset
- Strong sense of ownership
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others
Personalized approach to insurance
Assurnace is on a mission to protect and improve the personal and financial health of all consumers. The company operates a platform that utilizes data-driven decisions to help personalize the experience of buying insurance.
- Top-Notch Health Benefits - Our insurance includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision, plus we offer Weekly Wellness Sessions to help reduce stress and improve focus.
- Competitive Compensation - Our salaries are competitive and many include a bonus plan. All employees get access to a 401K so you can invest in financial wellness.
- Time When You Need It - We offer generous vacation time. We also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unmatched Growth Opportunities - Advance your career rapidly with leadership development training, coaching, and a culture of candid feedback and internal promotion.
- Career Development - Never stop learning with access to continuing education opportunities like Assurance 101 and Assurance University.
- Day-to-day Your Way - Create a comfortable home office with a company laptop and peripherals provided. We also offer commuter benefits for those coming to an office.
Company Core Values
- Humble Collaborators - We leave ego at the door and work together to apply data towards big impact for our customers, our employees, and all stakeholders.
- Persevering - We’re audacious in our pursuit of the best version of ourselves and seek others who share a similar hunger for personal growth and success.
- Authentic - We always operate with integrity, knowing that our peers and customers are counting on us to do the right thing and make the world a better place while we’re at it.
- Calculated Decision Makers - We leverage data to guide our decisions, and don’t fear failure as long as we learn from it, remain adaptive, and ultimately turn opportunity into something amazing.