Senior Software Engineering Manager
EHR Integrations, Full Stack
Posted on 1/20/2024
Empowers primary care practices with value-based solutions
Aledade, Inc. stands out as a leading network of independent primary care, offering robust support to practices through its unique model that combines advanced data analytics, user-friendly workflows, and health care policy expertise. The company's commitment to the success of independent practices is demonstrated through its strong payer relationships and integrated care solutions, which enable physicians to thrive financially while focusing on patient health. With over 1,500 practices across 45 states and the District of Columbia, Aledade's shared risk and reward model, managing over 2 million patient lives, showcases its industry leadership and its significant role in the evolving healthcare landscape.
AI & Machine Learning
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 19%
2 year growth↑ 96%
Charlotte, NC, USA
- BS/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of production-level experience as an engineer and technical leader
- 5+ years of managerial experience building and leading technical engineering teams
- 5+ years experience building and managing full stack and complex frontend applications using modern web technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Build a high performing team by hiring and nurturing engineering talent
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers
- Oversee the development of fullstack software applications and complex frontend interfaces
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to define project requirements
- Drive the technical roadmap and strategy for the engineering team
- Ensure adherence to best practices in software development
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and technologies in software development
- Oversee resource allocation, project timelines, and budget management
- Facilitate continuous learning and development opportunities for team members
- Lead by example, demonstrating technical expertise and a commitment to quality and innovation
- Leadership Experience
- Strategic Vision
- Planning Prowess
- Experience with Scaled Deployment
- Experience in building and managing chromium based apps
- Experience with healthcare industry and Electronic Health Records (EHRs/EMRs)
- Experience in attracting, hiring, and coaching world-class engineers
- Familiarity with at least 1 server-side web technology
- Experience with cloud based technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
Senior Software Engineering Manager - EHR Integrations, Full Stack, You have experience building “0 to 1 products’’, and you thrive in an ambiguous environment. You will be operating as the leader expected to influence the engineering team’s overall direction. Your role will involve leading a team of software engineers, driving the development of innovative and scalable software solutions, and ensuring our products not only meet but exceed industry standards.
As the Sr. Software EM on the team, you will be responsible for taking Aledade’s world class point of care insights (Dx suggestions, analytics, care suggestions) one step closer to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems that our partner practices use for patient management! You will be overseeing the team building cutting-edge full stack applications, built on top of constructs like interoperability standards (FHIR, HL7), chromium project overlay apps compatible with browser based EHR systems, as well as Windows desktop based EHR systems. Point of Care full stack application initiative is one of the key 2024 product investments.
Here at Aledade, we’re not just engineering software; we’re engineering the future of healthcare. We’re on a mission to revolutionize healthcare delivery with cutting-edge technology. As part of the technology team at Aledade, you’ll dive into the thrilling world of healthcare technology. You’ll be part of a dynamic team that pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. Your mission? To develop software that’s not just code, but a catalyst for positive change in healthcare.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications:
- BS/BTech (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field required
- 10+ years of production-level experience as an engineer and technical leader building scalable, reliable and secure software.
- 5+ years of managerial experience building and leading technical engineering teams
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills.
Desirable Qualities / Preferred Key, Skills, and Abilities:
- Leadership Experience. You have led engineering teams in past roles, demonstrating an ability to mentor, inspire, and drive technical excellence.
- Strategic Vision. You have experience crafting and executing a strategic vision for the team. You have connected day-to-day tactics to long-term strategy, ensuring that the team’s output aligns with our business goals.
- Planning Prowess. Your background includes translating business objectives into technological roadmaps, aligning short-term actions with long-term strategic goals, and effectively communicating these plans to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Scaled Deployment. Your experience includes managing the challenges of software deployment, updates, and maintenance across thousands of remote endpoints (browser/windows apps/etc.)
- Experience in building and managing chromium based apps, pluggable UIs (overlays) which work via chrome plugins / chromium apps in browsers / windows desktop.
- Experience with the healthcare industry, understanding of healthcare-related regulatory compliance, and Electronic Health Records (EHRs/EMRs) is a plus.
- You have experience in attracting, hiring, and coaching world-class engineers including performance management
- Familiarity with at least 1 server-side web technology (eg: Nodejs, Java, Python, Scala, C#, C++,Go, JVM). Python preferred.
- Experience with cloud based technologies such as AWS, Azure or google cloud
- Build a high performing team by hiring and nurturing engineering talent.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers, fostering an environment of innovation and excellence.
- Oversee the development of fullstack software applications and complex frontend interfaces, ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to define project requirements and deliver user-centric solutions.
- Drive the technical roadmap and strategy for the engineering team, ensuring alignment with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure adherence to best practices in software development, including code quality, testing, and agile methodologies.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and technologies in software development, particularly within the healthcare sector.
- Oversee resource allocation, project timelines, and budget management.
- Facilitate continuous learning and development opportunities for team members.
- Lead by example, demonstrating technical expertise and a commitment to quality and innovation.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we’ve become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you’re eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you’ve come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.