Our vision is to inspire brands and people to impact the world. To create big ideas that make a significant contribution to the planet, society, and the bottom line. We believe in today’s world this is the best way for our clients to achieve sustainable growth.
We achieve this by breaking down the barriers that restrict talent and ideas, we call this Borderless Creativity.
Which is why our teams work fluidly across 5 capabilities: Advertising, Consulting, Experience, PR and I, and Health. This allows us to not only operate but innovate at the intersection of capabilities and talent. We believe impact and magic lie at this intersection. Ogilvy scales this by seamlessly connecting and accessing the deep and diverse cultural expertise of 132 offices in 83 countries in a way that celebrates our commitment to inclusion.
Our mission: We inspire brands and people to impact the world
How we do it: We innovate and operate at the intersection of people and capabilities
What we do: Borderless creativity
As an Account Manager on Team Red you have the opportunity to work with a vibrant, dynamic and multi-disciplined team across the entire Vodafone account. You are personable, organised and an effective communicator. You are an integral part of the day to day running of the business; With the support of the Account Director/ senior client lead, you will be managing a variety of projects, from smaller standalone activity to complex multi-touchpoint consideration driving campaigns, to performance-driven activations that drive conversion; as well as unique initiatives and partnerships that tap into culture to drive a deeper engagement with the brand. You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day relationship with junior-mid level clients and providing supporting capabilities to deliver the best possible work, all with the full guidance of a senior client lead and the leadership team.
A bit about you:
Specific requirements of the role:
Building client relationships – you’ll develop a relationship with junior level clients that is one of trusted partner, based on a proven track record of delivery. You’ll be on top of the day-to-day detail of your projects, confidently communicating and managing expectations, with a proactive, problem solving and ‘can do’ attitude throughout the project delivery.
Making work we’re proud of – As an Account Manager, you will have a solid understanding of the creative process and proactively manage the projects from concept to delivery. You can confidently facilitate conversations between team members and consider how we can improve the work at each stage. You are able
to value the quality of the creative work, but also see it in its strategic content; how it answers the brief and business problem.
Responsibility & accountability – You can take responsibility for successful delivery of their assigned projects, with AD guidance but light supervision. The Account Manager understands what decisions are within their remit and escalate accordingly to get assistance and guidance as needed.
Commercial acumen – You’ll be able to understand the impact of your project related decisions on the commercials. You will recognise when to escalate issues that have commercial implications.
Collaboration – You will proactively consult and collaborate with key members of project teams and facilitate partnership focused actions. You nurture a strong relationship with your day-to-day clients and use these relationships to build trust, help protect the work and strengthen the partnership.
Problem solving & decision making – You resolve issues and make decisions on your own projects and workstreams, consulting with the AD and other team members as needed. You proactively recognise when you need to escalate and create relevant options for your projects, by addressing problems or opportunities and achieving the desired outcome.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record of hands-on delivery experience and stakeholder management. Working on multi-channel campaigns, ideally with some TV experience
- A proactive and ‘can do’ attitude: We don’t sit around assuming someone else will make something happen, we’re driven to get up and do it ourselves.
- The ability to co-ordinate and balance multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- Examples of effectively managing relationships both internally and externally
- A collaborative mindset. This person will be a people person, liaising with multiple teams and quick-thinking to problem solve throughout the course of any campaign.
- Passion and ambition for the creative work. Not content with ‘good enough’ because we all know that’s not actually good enough.
- Flexibility and openness to explore new ideas, experiences, and channels.
- Category experience is an asset but not mandatory
At Ogilvy UK, we want to make sure that you’re set up to grow and develop in your role and enjoy some of the best times of your working career. Our learning and development team are on hand to
provide training for you, to help you excel in every aspect of your role. So, if you think you may not have experience in some aspects of this position, don’t worry, and apply away. We’re here to help you grow and nurture your skills.
How we help you Thrive:
· 25 days annual leave + 1 Volunteer Day
· Bupa Healthcare (now includes Bupa health assessment and menopause support)
· Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave
· We have a flexible working policy with core working hours (10am – 4pm) and have launched our 3.2 Hybrid Working model
· A 1.5:1 matching pension structure
· Wellbeing and Health: Up to £25.00 per month towards physical or online exercise class membership, Unmind membership, LifeWorks tool and annual eye tests.
· Learning and development budgets plus Enhanced and ongoing wellbeing incentives and activities throughout the year
· Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
· Life Assurance x4 salary
· [email protected]: To foster an inclusive environment we have our internal groups: Ogilvy Rewired, Roots, Equals, Proud plus Parents and Carers. See here for more information
Dedicated to our people, we provide additional perks to help support your work life balance
If this sounds like the right role for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Our ambition is to attract the very best diverse talent to Ogilvy, and to be the employer of choice in the UK. We want everyone to feel welcome when they join us, and once they’re here, for them to want to stay with us, grow their career, and to feel they belong with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for everyone who wants to work at Ogilvy. For us, diversity, equity and inclusion is integrated into everything that we do. We believe that for creativity to flourish, everything about how we work must have diversity at its core. Your race, colour, ethnic, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, have no bearing on our hiring decisions, but we encourage everyone to feel free to express their true selves in an environment we are consistently striving to make as inclusive as possible.
We aim to facilitate an accessible and positive application experience for all candidates. If you require any adjustments from us to support you through the process or expect to require any adjustments to working conditions to be able to best perform in the role, please let us know. We are happy to consider all reasonable adjustments.