A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Software Engineers at Palantir build software at scale to transform how organisations use their data. As a Software Engineer, you’ll contribute high-quality code to Palantir Foundry: a product that is deployed to the most important institutions in the public and private sector. You’ll build features used by research scientists, aerospace engineers, intelligence analysts, and economic forecasters, in countries around the world.
Our Product Development organisation is made up of small teams of Software Engineers. Each team focuses on a specific aspect of a product. As a member of Foundry Core Platform, you will be working on one of the teams that build the developer tools and compute infrastructure at the heart of Foundry. The tools we develop enable technical users in Foundry to make the best of their data, develop operational applications, and operate production systems.
- Build a full developer tools stack: including source control, Web IDE, CI/CD, and artifacts management.
- Develop developer libraries and APIs to simplify data engineering tasks.
- Build applications to collect telemetry and monitor production applications and data pipelines at scale.
- Develop a plugin ecosystem and rock solid infrastructure to accelerate data integration tasks.
- Build a domain-specific language to enable low-code data pipeline development.
- Redesign systems for dependency management to support flexible library integration across languages.
- Leverage container technology to operationalize ML workloads or push streaming pipelines to IoT edge devices.
What We Value
- Software Engineers are involved throughout the product life cycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, and production delivery. You will collaborate with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers’ problems and build products that tackle them. We encourage movement among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you’ll learn about many different aspects of each product.
Technologies We Use
- Different programming languages, including Java, Python and Go for backend.
- Open-source technologies like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Kubernetes.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and GitHub.
What We Require
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure and other technical tools.
- Ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal direction.
- Holding a high bar for the products you create, reflect on past failures and feedback you receive, and continuously seek to improve.
- Ability to write clean, effective code and learn new languages and technologies quickly.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir
and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.