Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Senior Manager over our Account Executive team, you will oversee a team that is tasked with growing some of our largest accounts. You will work closely with the team to understand the opportunities and challenges they have with their current accounts, provide guidance and feedback on their approach and delivery, and ultimately, drive growth across our entire client base. You will create best practices to be synthesized across the team in areas including, but not limited to, executive presence, prioritization, persuasion, building and executing client strategy and relationship building. Additionally, you will build processes and tools to create visibility for Zocdoc Leadership and be expected to accurately forecast commercial outcomes.
You’ll enjoy this role if you...
- Enjoy managing a team of high performing Account Executives
- Excel at leading strategic conversations with both internal and external executives
- Leverage data to create actionable insights that will directly inform team and client strategy
- Have an interest in Healthcare or Consumer Technology industries
- Are motivated by clear metrics and targets
Your day to day is…
- Hire, develop, retain, lead, and appropriately scale a growing team of account executives working across Zocdoc’s portfolio of health systems and large provider groups
- Coaching your team through client challenges and opportunities and share best practices
- Working closely with your team to identify commercial opportunities for sales and product improvements for Zocdoc
- Advocating for the needs of clients and your team within Zocdoc, while helping other teams prioritize requests based on need and importance
- Collaborating with the Client Success Management team to identify areas of continued efficiency between the two teams
- Establishing and documenting best practices across all segments of Enterprise clients
- Developing, documenting and teaching best practices for optimizing current workflows to improve client participation on the Zocdoc platform
- Engaging, leading and documenting the career pathing progress for each member of your team
- Identifying areas of opportunity in current processes and working with internal partner teams to implement operational efficiencies
- Ensureing effective load balancing across the team by implementing a model for sizing the complexity and opportunity of each client
- Serving as an escalation point for Account Executives both internally and externally
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A minimum of 3+ years’ developing and managing an enterprise (B2B) account team with VP+ level clients, ideally in Software/SaaS
- Experience establishing processes, systems, and best practices within an ambiguous, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to create strategic plans that meet internal goals and client expectations
- Demonstrated success in managing executive relationships while delivering client needs
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
Zocdoc is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Salary ranges are determined through alignment with market data. Base salary offered is determined by a number of factors including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills. Certain positions are also eligible for variable pay and/or equity; your recruiter will discuss the full compensation package details.
Remote Base Salary Range
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice