Posted on 11/2/2022
Alexandria, VA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or other related discipline; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain a DOD Interim Secret security clearance within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability/willingness to travel about 50% of the time (3-4 month deployments) and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Meet Program training and DoD medical examination requirements for deployment, including meeting all CONUS Replacement Course (CRC) deployment requirements
- Possess relevant knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong people skills for collaborating with others, communicating with your supervisor, and speaking with customers/clients
- Ability and willingness to drive/operate a motor vehicle in overseas locations
- Up to 50% (3-4 month deployment periods) OCONUS travel required
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance
- Understand the collection and processing of tactical and wide area mapping imagery and LiDAR
- Ensure proper collection of data for accuracy and quality
- Process raw LiDAR and electro-optical data to final products
- Color balance and orthorectify imagery, mosaic imagery into seamless maps
- Process GPS trajectories, edit LiDAR point clouds, and create digital elevation models
- Perform QA/QC and ensure proper data management
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, and collection equipment
- Work closely with pilots and processing teams to plan and execute missions
- Operate and maintain airborne LiDAR and imagery acquisition systems
- Complete necessary field logs and data transfer duties
- Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation
- Active DOD Secret Clearance or higher
- Practical geospatial analysis experience (professional or volunteer)
- Previous experience with commercial-off-the-shelf geospatial software such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstation, TerraScan, ERDAS Imagine, etc
- Formal training as a Geospatial Analyst as well as familiarity with ISR applications, tools, and systems
- Background working with military customers
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.