6 month growth↑ 17%
1 year growth↑ 60%
2 year growth↑ 211%
- Minimum of 3 actuarial exams passed
- 3+ years of experience in insurance, preferably managing property products
- Tech-savvy with strong product sense and analytical skills
- Ultimate responsibility for the growth and profitability of DP products nationwide
- Enhance pricing of existing products
- Expand product into new geographies
- Analyze drivers of profitability including loss ratios, actuarial indications, frequency/severity trends, retention, and other data for all products, books, and channels
- Manage rate filings across multiple states to ensure pricing achieves the required return across all products and segments
- Develop and implement robust data-driven action plans to continually improve performance
- Drive innovation by finding new and different ways to price better than traditional solutions
- Experience managing personal lines (HO or DP) in the US property market
- Builder’s mindset with a bias towards action
- Desire to work in an earlier-stage tech company and willingness to roll up sleeves and hustle
Steadily is an insurance technology company that specializes in rental property insurance for landlords. We’re three years old, just over 100 people, manage $6B in risk, and are intent on becoming the world’s best and largest insurer of rental properties.
We exist to deliver fast, affordable insurance and to pay claims quickly and fairly. To do that, we hire the best engineers, actuaries, sales, and service people in the country to build the experience that we’d want if we were the client.
Steadily is hiring an Associate Actuary who is the very best at what they do. You’ll be surrounded by team members who are also the very best at what they do, which will just make you even better.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll have ultimate responsibility for the growth and profitability of our DP products nationwide
- Enhance pricing of existing products.
- Expand our product into new geographies.
- Analyze the drivers of profitability including loss ratios, actuarial indications, frequency/severity trends, retention and other data for all products, books, and channels.
- Manage rate filings across multiple states to ensure we are priced to achieve the required return across all products and segments.
- Develop and implement robust data-driven action plans to continually improve performance.
- Driving innovation by finding new and different way to price better than the traditional solutions.
- Experienced: You’ve been a high achiever in insurance for three years or more. You have experience managing property products (preferably personal lines - HO or DP). You understand the current US property market.
- Education: You have passed a minimum of 3 actuarial exams.
- Builder: You have a builder’s mindset and can take projects and products from inception to launch and beyond. You have a bias towards action.
- Digital: Your tech savvy is exceptional. You have strong product sense and are a master of learning and implementing new software and processes. Your technical and analytical skills are top notch.
- Hungry: You want to make the leap into an earlier-stage tech company to rapidly accelerate your growth. You want to roll up your sleeves and hustle – you are not looking for a traditional 9-5 job.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation $100k -$140k + equity in the company
- We believe in paying top-of-market to attract the best person for each role. However, the compensation package is usually the second reason people choose to join a startup. The primary reason is they want to experience the growth that comes from pouring your heart and soul into building something that people love. That’s what we do.
- Health Insurance
- In office 4 days a week, Wednesday is a company-wide no-meeting and WFH day
- Free snacks & regular team lunches
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Relocation assistance available for out of state candidates
Why Join Us
- You’ll be in good company. Our founders have three successful startups under their belt and have recruited a stellar team to match.
- We pay top of market (see comp).
- We’re earlier stage, so you’ll get to wear a lot of hats and shape product decisions.
- We have a good time. Culture matters a ton to us.
- We’re growing fast and are exceptionally well-funded.
- Steadily boasts a very unique culture that our teammates love. We call it like we see it and we’re nothing if not candid. Check out our culture deck here to learn what we’re all about.
- Steadily was awarded Comparably’s Best Company Leadership 2023, Best CEOs for Women 2023, and Best Company for Women 2022
We’re excited to meet you!