Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don’t say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
The Kiva User Funds Accounting Analyst will leverage a knowledge of accounting fundamentals and operational finance skills to support monthly close, annual audit and operational processes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze transaction data and appropriately record partner/borrower collections, payments, and other transactions
- Assist with month end close, reconciliations, and annual audit of Kiva User Funds
- Review contracts related to corporate gifts and Donor Advised Funds, ensure appropriate financial accounting
- Process weekly lender and quarterly escheatment withdrawals
- Utilize CRM tool to capture donation activity accurately and thoroughly
- Research transactions as needed internally as well as in support of external stakeholders
- Aid in process improvement. Partner with on cross functional teams to enhance system capabilities and appropriately capture financial flows
- Act as a flexible and supportive member of the finance organization, providing back up and deepening financial skill set
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. Solid understanding of accounting principles and journal entries needed
- 3+ years work experience in an accounting or financial operations role
- Ability to take plan and prioritize both recurring work streams and ad hoc needs
- Ability to learn Kiva specific systems and processes quickly
- Strong excel skills required
- Experience working with significant amounts of data a plus. Familiarity with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.) a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or Netsuite a plus
- Ability to bring a creative problem solving approach to questions and challenges
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, professional development, 401k matching, generous PTO, and more.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary range: $62K to $75K; a final offer will be dependent upon a candidate’s location, skills and experience.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.