Lead Software Engineer
Updated on 11/22/2022
- Experience leading small to medium sized teams working with a large and complex code base
- Empathy for the unique challenges game developers face building and maintaining rich experiences over multiple platforms
- Ability to support and mentor team members, building relationships of trust by example
- Experience leading cross-team collaborative projects from initiation to completion
- Lead a team of engineers with varying levels of experience, defining clear goals and accountability for individuals, as well as providing team members with growth opportunities and new challenges
- Define the features, capabilities and workflows that need to exist in our platform layer to make bringing content to any supported platform as easy for Unity creators as possible
- Contribute to the source code of proposed feature abstractions
- Advocate for the unification of disparate platform implementations into simple abstractions across the Platform Systems organisation and all of Unity
- Deliver a stable quality product that the team is proud of by exemplifying high-quality C# and C++ coding practices
- Development experience with multiple game consoles, mobile or desktop platforms
- Experience shipping cross-platform titles that also use platform-specific features when appropriate
- Experience with API design and asynchronous coding paradigms
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.