Central, Remote friendly
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • Ohio, USA
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions, ideally using Apache Kafka
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple B2B infrastructure software development projects, including driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Experience operating Linux (configure, tune, and troubleshoot both RedHat and Debian-based distributions)
- Experience using cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) for running high-throughput systems
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems, and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers
- Helping a customer determine his/her platform and/or application strategy for moving to a more real-time, event-based business. Such engagements often involve remote preparation; presenting an onsite or remote workshop for the customer's architects, developers, and operations teams; investigating (with Engineering and other coworkers) solutions to difficult challenges; and writing a recommendations summary doc
- Providing feedback to the Confluent Product and Engineering groups
- Building tooling for another team or the wider company to help us push our technical boundaries and improve our ability to deliver consistently with high quality
- Testing performance and functionality of new components developed by Engineering
- Writing or editing documentation and knowledge base articles, including reference architecture materials and design patterns based on customer experiencesHoning your skills, building applications, or trying out new product featuresParticipating in community and industry events
- Participating in community and industry events
- Experience helping customers build Apache Kafka solutions alongside Hadoop technologies, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Experience with Scala, Python, or Go
- Experience working with a commercial team and demonstrated business acumen
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience managing projects, using any known methodology to scope, manage, and deliver on plan no matter the complexity
- Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team