Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future. Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
<4-6 month session>
Electric Hydrogen is searching for Research Engineers with a passion for tackling climate change. With the company being just two years old, they will get an unparalleled look at the early days of a startup and contribute to bringing the technology from concept to proof point.
Co-ops will have the opportunity to work on a critical development of the electrolyzer technology including topics like material development, electrochemical understanding, system reliability, vendor evaluation, and more. The focus of the co-op will depend on the applicant’s interests and company’s research priorities.
Co-ops will work closely with senior scientists throughout the co-op and day to day tasks may include those listed below.
- Synthesize catalyst materials for electrolysis reactions
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or Master’s program in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Refine ink compositions and develop coating processes for catalyst coated membranes
- Investigate polymer formulations
- Assess material compatibility in electrochemical systems
- Assemble R&D-scale electrochemical cells; assess performance with battery test equipment and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS)
- Analyze test data and report results out to team; make recommendations for future design iterations
- Design and execute build of test stands for increased testing capacity
- Develop SOPs for lab procedures
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- All co-ops will have the opportunity to develop communication skills, gain laboratory experience, learn about electrochemical systems and the energy industry.
- $1,500 transportation stipend will be provided
[Natick, MA Zone]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!