Principal Software Engineer - Segment Cloud (Hippa)
Posted on 6/6/2022
Google Cloud Platform
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a Software Engineer or another similar role
- Has been a founding member and technical lead for a mission critical team
- Comfortable working with ambiguity that comes with a new team and mission
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with good communication skills, sense of ownership, and drive
- Experience building very large scale, cost effective and resilient distributed (data) systems
- Experience operating systems on top of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Java, C++, or similar languages
- Have hands-on experience with container orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS) and Cloud native networking
- Have hands-on experience in operating event-based systems (e.g. Kafka) capable of processing millions of events per second and petabytes of data each month
- Have lead teams, large cross organizational projects and been an architect of mission critical systems
- DRAW THE OWL: Architect and build the next generation of cloud platform that works in highly regulated environments
- BE BOLD: Build globally available and highly scalable distributed systems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with teams across the R&D org to ensure their needs are met by our platform
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Mentor other engineers in the organization on technical architecture and design
- DON'T SETTLE: Participate in driving Segment as a market leader in the development of Open Source Software like kafka-go, chamber, kubeapply, etc
- BE AN OWNER: Participate in an on-call rotation to support our business-critical infrastructure
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives