Clari’s Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance - helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here…are you ready to achieve remarkable with us?
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Query Manager team. Query Manager is a part of Clari’s Data Platform team, and is the interface that allows application and API developers to easily and efficiently retrieve data across hundreds of databases and billions of rows of data that comprise our ever-evolving Data Platform.
You will work with remarkable colleagues to design, build and optimize the query layer to derive exceptional performance from our data warehouse built on top of AWS Aurora Postgres. You will collaborate closely with the product management, architecture, application and infrastructure teams to build the data services that power our best-in-class enterprise product suite. Most of Clari’s application and API queries are processed through the query manager layer. The products you build are used and loved by many of the most well-known companies in the world. Don’t believe us? Hear what our customers have to say.
Come join this fluid, dynamic, and growing team to learn, teach, and make a big, measurable impact every day. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek exceptional developers who enjoy problem-solving and straying outside their routine.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Design and evolve the architecture for the query layer that powers Clari’s product suite and platform
- Learn and contribute to all aspects of the data platform, from extracting and ingesting data from external systems to modeling, transforming, and managing large volumes of data at rest and in motion
- Collaborate with junior engineers, technical leads, and architects to set and maintain high standards of engineering excellence
- Write scalable, robust, and fully-tested software for deployment in mission-critical production environments
- Create and improve tooling and processes to help reduce development friction and enable greater productivity across the development organization
- Contribute to the growth of Clari by being a brand ambassador and assisting in the hiring of great talent
- 5+ years of software development experience using Java or similar object-oriented languages for backend development
- Experience leading projects from inception through deployment, maintenance, and support
- Experience with relational databases (preferably Postgres) and non-relational databases like MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building scalable systems and architectures
- Experience with database performance tuning
Perks and Benefits @ Clari
- Remote-first with opportunities to work and celebrate in person
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, Life insurance, and EAP
- Mental health support provided by Modern Health
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Well-being and professional development funds
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- 100% paid parental leave, plus fertility and family planning support provided by Maven
- Discretionary paid time off, monthly ‘take a break’ days, and Focus Fridays
- Focus on culture: Charitable giving match, plus in-person and virtual events
It is Clari’s intent to pay all Clarians competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair, and equitable. The goal of Clari’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees and encourage employees to stay and grow at Clari.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to specific work location, skill set, depth of experience, education and certifications.
The salary range for this position is $142,000 to $213,000. The compensation package for this position also includes stock options and company-paid benefits, including well-being and professional development stipends.
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you’ll bring your whole self to the job.