Field Research Operations Intern
Updated on 1/31/2023
- Undergraduate student in the School of Agriculture
- Ability to work from May 15, 2023 through August 11, 2023
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Ability to work outside in all reasonable weather conditions
- Lead or assist with all aspects of field operations including plot maintenance, pollinations, data collection, and irrigation activities
- Supervise and train temporary employees and ensure a safe working environment
- Gain an understanding of field operations related to corn and soybean breeding
- Assist with inventory and quality assurance management
- Travel locally to Inari sites as needed
- Enjoy the opportunity and experience of working in the field during the growing season
Plant breeding technology company
Inari is on a mission to transform agriculture and its impact on society and the environment. Inari's platform combines biological and data sciences to create approaches that significantly reduce the land, water, and other inputs required to produce food and feed.
- Health insurance package
- Flexible PTO
- 401k plan
- Performance Bonus
- Commuter Checks & Assistance
- Company Social Events
- Free Lunch or Snacks
Company Core Values
- Ambitiously grounded: We embrace challenges and are willing to take risks to deliver high impact results.
- Collaborative innovators: We are curious explorers who believe collaboration can overcome limitations and expedite success.
- Stewards of our planet: We hold ourselves accountable for the footprint that we create and strive to protect the earth for future generations.