Staff Android Developer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- 8+ years of experience with software development and proficiency with Kotlin or Java
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Android design principles and application interface guidelines
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Service OS, product and UI/UX design teams to define application features
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks for performance optimizations
- Triage, debug, and fix application issues before final release
- Perform code reviews and practice continuous integration and development
- Write test code to test for quality, robustness, and functional correctness, including edge cases
- Design and implement subsequent application updates and releases
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks
- Experience with developing mapping, multi-media, and Bluetooth solutions is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Jetpack libraries
- Knowledge of Android's performance and testing framework
- Tablet application experience a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team