Graphic Design Intern - Video Templates
Posted on 3/23/2021
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for design, movement, and editing
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to brief illustrators, animators and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- Fresh grads are welcome to apply
- While we wont be taking any blood samples, wed love to see some Startup DNA you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes ya gotta have hustle!
- The intern coming into the Video Squad will not only learn all the amazing skills Canva has on offer, but will also on top of that develop the knowledge on how to produce world class video templates
- You will receive training in the principles of video and motion
- You will be trained on how to make incredible video templates that are engaging, look great and most importantly user friendly
- You will be exposed on how to conduct effective design research and identify key design trends
- Learn how to work amongst an agile team and work across a variety of tasks
- Have an impact across the entire production process and the ability to see your impact on any given project
- You will be working amongst some of the best designers and animators in the industry
Online design and publishing tool
Canva is on a mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere.
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
Company Core Values
- Make complex things simple
- Set crazy goals and make them happen
- Be a force for good
- Empower others
- Pursue excellence
- Be a good human