Senior Gameplay Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Irvine, CA, USA
- Passion for game look and feel
- Enthusiasm for creating fun and engaging gameplay through iteration and innovation
- 5+ years of professional game programming experience
- Experience building UI for PC and console games
- Expert in C++ and debugging with proficiency in 3D math
- Awareness of the state of the art in UI frameworks and techniques
- Enjoy working closely with creative and technical team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Value lean, simple, efficient, well-tested code
- Experience working with AAA engines
- Experience with game console hardware
- Knowledge of other major game and engine systems, such as animation, particles, physics, graphics, AI, or scripting
- Design, implement, and support quality UI systems that integrate elegantly with the game code
- Work closely with artists to establish the overall vision for the game UI
- Collaborate directly and proactively with engineers, designers, artists, and QA to explore and identify needs and opportunities
- Cultivate strong cross-disciplinary working relationships based on honesty and transparency
- Author lean, high-performance, maintainable code
- Actively profile and optimize the UI codebase
- Participate in the testing and documentation of game systems and tools
- Mentor, develop, and learn from colleagues
- Help build and maintain an open and energetic team culture
Entertainment and social conglomerate
Tencent's is on a mission to use technology for good. The company operates social messaging service WeChat and has produced some of the world's most popular games and content.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Uphold principles, ethics, openness and fairness.
- Proactivity: Pursue positive contributions, volunteer for responsibility and push for breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Be inclusive and collaborative, strive to progress and evolve.
- Creativity: Push for breakthrough innovations, explore the possibilities of the future.