A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That’s why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we’re creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Trust & Safety Team
On this team, you will be part of a tight-knit group that works on solving urgent and serious problems for our users, and will perpetuate a strong focus on caring for and supporting our customers and pros as we continue to grow and scale.
About the Role
As a Trust & Safety Team member, you are an integral to protecting the Thumbtack brand. You will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack’s most interesting and challenging issues. You will work as the front line, addressing issues integral to Thumbtack’s mission and longevity and ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld.
The Trust & Safety Support Operations team is a highly-skilled department dedicated to supporting our users experiencing Trust & Safety concerns. The team stands at the forefront of investigating project and safety-related reports from our customers and pros, mediating disputes, and taking appropriate action on issues that are integral to Thumbtack’s mission and longevity.
- Handle Trust & Safety cases involving customer and/or pro concerns via phone, email, and other resolution platforms
- Investigate and mediate disputes between users to help both parties reach a positive outcome
What you’ll need
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Strong verbal communication, ability to establish a connection and trust over the phone, as well as empathize with the caller while still following Trust & Safety policies and procedures
- Strong writing abilities, able to effectively address concerns in emails and other messenger resolution platforms
- Is confident in their good judgment and decision-making abilities
- Level-headed does not get shaken by difficult or complex situations
- Positive attitude, loves solving problems, and doesn’t get easily deterred
Bonus points if you have
- Strong preference for those with previous experience in Trust & Safety, Fraud Prevention, or advanced Customer Support roles
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
For candidates living in the US, the expected hourly wage for this role is currently $20.00 - $22.00 per hour. Actual offered wages will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: [email protected].