Software Engineer L2- Messaging
Posted on 1/21/2022
Remote in USA • Remote
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date
- 2+ years of software development experience. Preferably in back end software engineering. Understanding and experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies is a must
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs
- Experience working with highly scalable large distributed systems, relational databases like MySQL, data pipeline systems, frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services
- Scalable backend: You understand scalability challenges and the performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems
- Cloud: You are familiar with cloud technologies and have experience in at least one cloud platform: GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Testing: You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development
- Operations: You like to own a domain end to end, including deploying and operating your services in production
- Communication and collaboration: You have strong communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams
- Collaborate with a world class geographically distributed team and brainstorm product ideas with product managers, design, and engineers
- Build highly scalable and distributed services
- Build internal and public REST APIs and Event based systems used by all internal and external Twilio customers
- Constantly improve services that power Twilio's top products and also generate significant revenue
- Truly own the product you work on. Be responsible for SLA, oncall, incident resolution, customer feedback and participate in blameless post-incident reviews to make our products better
- Demonstrate strong engagement in the team setting
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280-$150,260
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives