Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on 8/1/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- An outstanding software engineer with 2+ years experience shipping high complexity code and high impact projects (leveling will be based on experience)
- Experienced in building and supporting backend applications at scale
- Proficient in C#, Java, Go or any other object-oriented programming language
- Consistent with building and delivering projects from conception to production
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Curious about new technology and product experiences
- Looks for other perspectives to further yours
- Understand and be thoughtful about tradeoffs
- Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end-user
- Experienced with many layers of the stack - you have been an important contributor across the entire technology stack of previous projects
- Take ownership and responsibility for designing, building services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Help design our systems and services to be scalable and resilient
- Work on a variety of unique technical challenges within complex systems
- Be a technical bar-raiser for high code quality, architectural designs, and long-term planning
- Mentor and develop fellow engineers on the team
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done