Sr Staff Security Researcher
Updated on 11/9/2023
Remote in USA
AI & Machine Learning
IT & Security
- Experience working and querying SIEM tools or other log-based data
- Experience in engineering event detection & response tuning
- Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework and general adversarial / defensive security techniques
- Ability to engineer creative, scalable, and out-of-the-box solutions
- Up to date with engineering best practices, security technology trends, tools, and frameworks
- Experience in developing detections for attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Preferred: Knowledge of cloud technologies, virtualization, containers, service-mesh
- Big data experience or a willingness to learn!
- Define and deliver innovative solutions for detecting identity-based attacks and vulnerabilities using rule-based analytics, behavioral analytics, and machine learning.
- Provide technical leadership to support product and engineering teams developing threat detection and response capabilities.
- Explore customer data using spark and other tools to test detection hypotheses.
- Implement detections using pyspark and spark sql.
- Continuously collect and analyze telemetry from detections in the field and tune them for quality.
- Develop ML models to support advanced detections.
- Build custom representations of data (e.g. graphs) to support other advanced detections.
- Preferred: Spark
- Required: Python
- Preferred: Big data experience