Posted on 4/18/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
- Ideal candidates must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology (analytics)
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and meetings
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Must be prepared for extensive travel
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations
- Evangelize the Alation Data Catalog for complex/expansion opportunities including demonstrating its potential for solutions covering the bigger ecosystem of data management, data governance, etc
- Identify technical risks which may derail a sale
- Provide solutions and convey value to the customers
- Attend conferences, seminars and events related to the industry
- Respond to RFIs, RFPs and RFQs
- Share product feedback and enhancements to Product and Engineering Team
- Collaborate with team on learnings and good practices
- Lead, own, and execute pilots and workshops with prospects
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
Data analytics for enterprises
Alation is a hyper-growth startup leading the Machine Learning Data Catalog space with an innovative product, passionate customers, and a team of people all working towards a common goal: to change the way people work with data.
- Health and wellness package
- Vacation and time off
- 401(k), performing bonus, and company equity
- Promote from within; lunch and learns
- Commuter benefit program, company outings, happy hours, certain meals provided
- Move the Ball: Taking action, whether it’s effecting a partial solution or taking a small step forward instead of a big one.
- Listen Like You’re Wrong: Listening with an open mind, trying to understand others’ perspectives before sharing your own.
- Build for the Long-Term: Taking the time to lay solid foundations for future success.
- Measure Success Through Customer Impact: The team ultimately measures themselves by the impact they achieve. They strive for fairness and kindness in all interactions.