New York, New York
6 month growth↓ -3%
1 year growth↓ -1%
2 year growth↑ 0%
- Must be a college graduate or have demonstrated transferrable skills
- Available to work 40 hours a week from June to August
- Craft written communications including media materials and compelling social content
- Analyze brands using various resources
- Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Track brands in traditional and social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with platforms like Cision, Muckrack, Meltwater, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, and/or Quid
Weber Shandwick’s West Coast is seeking a smart, passionate and diverse thinker to help us solve and create industry-defining work for a range of consumer and health clients. Our internship offers an opportunity to shape data-driven, creative, integrated communications solutions while working closely with a team of dynamic professionals.
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. Plus you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you likely encounter every single day.
What you’ll do all day:
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials and compelling social content
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work are critical
- Technical: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with platforms like Cision, Muckrack, Meltwater, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, and /or Quid a plus
- Dynamic: You must be able to work in a fast-paced agency environment and juggle tasks
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: All new hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing
- Built-In Mentorship: You’ll be invited to panels and workshops to learn from the greatest in the industry
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a full-time position
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly
- The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by the start of the internship or have demonstrated transferrable skills
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week from June to August
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at [email protected]. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.