Developer Relations Lead
Compute Over Data
Posted on 4/20/2022
- Experience teaching, writing, or hosting workshops for developers
- Previous technical teaching experience blended with past dev advocate//community engineer experience
- Experience with open source contribution and worked on open source technologies
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, ability to build relationships across many different teams
- Enjoys taking initiative to solve open-ended problems
- Be responsible for the technical growth of each launchpad cohort participant and overall program health
- Have a deep love of teaching and continuously learning new technologies
- Source and organize various educational materials, live trainings, events/cohorts and mini projects to implement PL Network Launchpad and related programs
- Facilitate technical talks and demos with engineers working on some of our core protocols
- Plan, attend and support in the facilitation “colo week” a one-week in-person session per cohort (location varies)
- Participate and organize community events around the Launchpad curriculum to a variety of audiences
- Anything else that helps bring our curriculum to the world and gets feedback from program participants, hiring managers, and community members
- Support non-technical talent as they level up in their technical skills
- Previous teaching experience or curriculum/technical writing
- Experience working with distributed systems (cyber security, cloud computing, networks etc.)
- Able to teach technical concepts for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience speaking at conferences, developer summits, or virtual events
- Experience working in or managing open source software communities
- Masters degree in computer science, adult education, or a related field
- Previous experience working on engineering documentation
- Prior experience in partner engineer or client facing support engineer
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Company Core Values
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.