Senior or Lead Site Reliability Engineer (Sre), Us Citizen -Ts/Sci Clearance Required
Posted on 5/11/2022
Virginia, USA • West Virginia, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Systems engineering experience in enterprise scale internet service engineering or support role
- Expertise in TCP/IP related technologies (networking protocols, network programming, etc.)
- Expertise in CLI enterprise support of Unix variants (Linux/Solaris/BSD) as well as strong Linux/UNIX knowledge with significant exposure to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Solaris
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Past experience in Incident Management and good understanding of ITIL service operations
- Experience in working in a 24/7 team managing large data centers
- Be available to work shift work if required
- Experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS/C2S based infrastructure and systems
- Understand and have experience with writing scripts in Python, Go, or other languages
- Keep the customer-facing services available at top performance by maintaining the constant health of the supporting systems
- Incident management - Act in key support roles during major incidents e.g. Sev0, Sev1. Also, participate in the technical review of the incident for problem management
- Problem Management - populate and participate in RCAs and hand them off to the Global Solutions team
- Ensuring that work carried out by the Site Reliability team is executed in such a way as to comply with the company's internal compliance policy and directives
- Being available to discuss and resolve technical issues and escalations with other technical staff as the need arises
- Work with and lead other members of the team in staying on top of key industry innovation and technology, and assist in team development growth
- Ability to operate in the fast paced environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly successfully balance multiple priorities
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment
- BS or higher degree preferred in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering plus relevant job-related experience
- Prior Chef/Puppet or automated deployment experience
- Prior Jenkins/Bamboo/Spinnaker pipeline execution experience
- Experience in supporting and maintaining a monitoring and alert systems
- Experience in supporting and maintaining Java applications
- Hands on experience configuring and managing AWS (Amazon Web Services), using the CLI/SDKs
- Experience managing systems monitoring and alerts
- Have or Obtain Certifications in Linux+, RedHat and AWS
- Experience in supporting and managing Kubernetes based applications and services
- Familiar with Agile Process and DevOps
Customer relationship management (CRM) software
Salesforce's mission is to empower companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company operates a CRM platform for businesses.
- Trust: Nothing is more important than trust.
- Customer Success: When our customers succeed, we succeed.
- Innovation: Innovation comes from everyone.
- Equality: We all have a role to play.
- Sustainability: We lead boldly to address the climate emergency.