Software Engineer, Simulation
Posted on 6/2/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong programming skills (preferably C++ or Python)
- Ability to think and code for the user's perspective
- Ability to work alongside a team and inside a larger software ecosystem
- Ability to produce well designed, tested software that fits neatly into a larger ecosystem
- An infectious passion for solving complex problems, learning new techniques and technologies!
- Develop core simulation technologies (e.g. engine, scenarios, agent framework etc)
- Assist with the integration of core simulation technologies into solutions or workflows
- Be transparent - alignment before & after the actual coding is essential
- Work with your technical or workflow lead to understand requirements and align development accordingly
- Work with fellow team members to help improve the quality of each other's work, velocity of the team and enjoyment in what we do
- Be on the lookout for opportunities to provide user delights in the software you build
- Proven track record balancing quality and the delivery of software with impactful value within allotted time constraints
- Proven track record working on libraries, frameworks and tools made available for general consumption (i.e. for other users)
- Experience working across teams in larger x-functional projects
- Experience with building real-time systems (a requirement of simulation for driver-assistance scenarios)
- Knowledge of one or more cloud compute platforms, such as AWS
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes
- Experience with build systems, continuous integration and/or continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience in the self-driving domain
- Experience with rendering solutions (for sensor simulation, or human-in-the-loop)
- Experience working with GPU compute (for sensor simulation or ML components)
Autonomous driving technology
Company Core Values
- Creative Ownership: Embrace your creative responsibility for pioneering the future of mobility and feel the pride of ownership in the things you make – both as an individual and as a contributing team member.
- Growing Together Through Teamwork: An open mind, a humble heart and respect for your teammates will enable you to learn from their unique perspectives, nurture your personal growth, and maximize the cooperation that powers your team.
- Courage To Make History: Have the courage to make heroic breakthroughs that make the world safer and better sooner. Nurture an optimistic mindset to eagerly tackle challenges, turn failure into innovation, and continuously expand your knowledge.