A Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc. is growing! We are a 100% employee-owned multidisciplinary firm with a track record of more than 60 years of excellence providing civil engineering, surveying, environmental, landscape architecture, and construction engineering and inspection services. AMT’s staff 450 employees offers far-reaching expertise and a commitment to delivering successful projects to our clients. Even with AMT’s swift growth, each of our offices fosters a highly supportive and collaborative environment. As an active and socially responsible organization, we pride ourselves on the partnerships we build with our clients to improve communities.
We are hiring a CAD Technician to join our team in our Raleigh, NC or Richmond, VA office. Position is flexible to be Hybrid.
Along with competitive salaries, AMT offers an exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, commuter benefits, educational assistance, and more.
- Provide support within Helpdesk with CAD tickets and calls
- Provide technical support to CAD users from various departments
- Assist on project work, including design, drafting, detailing and questions
- Utilize AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/OpenRoads Designer and related engineering software packages to complete assignments
- Understanding and implementation of CAD/project standards
- Creation and maintenance of templates, libraries, and tools
- Work with IT team including software testing, deployment, and implementation
- Provide fundamental training to staff
- Associates degree (Minimum) or equivalent education / experience
- 2 to 5 Years of CAD Experience in Civil field / ACEC Industry
- Working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Bentley MicroStation
- Must have the ability to plan, coordinate and apply information technology to production and business applications
- Excellent communication skills and technical expertise
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of Bentley OpenRoads Designer
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro
Why Join AMT?
At AMT, we understand that our most valuable asset is our staff. For 65 years, we have worked diligently to build a team of talented employees who fully embody our values as an organization – values such as teamwork, integrity, and innovation. Now that we have transitioned into an employee-owned firm, we are excited to place the future of AMT into nearly 450 sets of dedicated hands.
The AMT Difference
Our company culture is characterized by a workforce that holds the highest standards of ethics and integrity, focused client care, and commitment to AMT’s Core Values of safety, respect, integrity, commitment, quality, teamwork. leadership, responsibility, and profitable growth.
Operating as an ESOP allows us to reward our dedicated and loyal employees with additional benefits from the company’s stock as well as an incentive to continue building a high-performance ownership culture. To strengthen and support its employees, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry.
Competitive Benefit Package
To strengthen and support its employees, its greatest asset, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry. With AMT, you will get:
• Tiered medical coverage
• Short- and long-term disability
• College savings plan
• Life insurance
• Paid time off