Remote in USA • New York, NY, USA
Public Goods is building a destination for consumers who care about their impact. We’re looking for a kind, mission-driven people who want to work with high-performing and highly collaborative teams — people who want to make a visible impact on the company and, ultimately, the world. We’re growing fast and have investors who’ve backed category-defining businesses such as Peloton, Kickstarter, and Etsy.
Sustainability is a huge deal for us. Our environmental initiatives run deep and go beyond our successful tree-planting program. We donate to food banks, partner with leaders in the fight against deforestation and hunger, design products with smaller carbon footprints, and carbon offset 100% of orders.
Hospitality accounted for 70% of our wholesale sales in 2022; this will continue to grow. Of those sales, three enterprise accounts contributed to more than half of all revenue. We need someone comfortable & eager to partner with hotels, rental companies, Airbnb owners, gyms, co-working spaces, and beyond. Beyond this, there is an opportunity for corporate partnerships, partnerships with credit card companies for account benefits, and more.
What’s in it for you?
- The ability to own the process from pitching a new account to closing the account. This unique structure provides an opportunity to deepen relationships & keeps you in control of the partnership. We won’t ask you only to set up meetings like a traditional sales dev role.
- The ability to think creatively through the best ways to reach our collective goal.
- A chance to hone your leadership skills in a role essential to our business’s success.
- Experience in partnerships in the hospitality industry is a MUST.
- 2-5 years of working experience working closely with partners in a similar role (BD, sales, etc). Trying lots of different things and learning quickly from failure.
- Strong familiarity with the Shopify ecosystem.
- Experience in Excel.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be helping us in our expansion into the hospitality space (Creating & fostering partnerships with Airbnb Hosts, Hotels, Vacation Rental Companies & more!).
- Prospecting, inbounds & outreach.
- Vetting and finding potential partners and crafting unique entryways to get our foot in the door.
- Managing inbounds and creating a successful trajectory for them to become a partner.
- A/B testing your own strategy to measure what is effective and what is not.
- You can wear lots of different hats and learn a new skill quickly if it means helping the team.
- You are extremely organized & have a strong understanding of the hospitality industry and ongoing trends.
- Proven experience with partnerships or sales (deals, accounts, etc) and the associated tech stack (HubSpot).
- Project management & cross-department communication. We rely on OP’s & often collaborate with marketing.
- Competitive compensation package salary
- 100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision/telemedicine services for employees
- A free Public Goods membership and a $50 monthly credit
- $25 monthly book credit
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave