Position at EVgo
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the nation’s largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
Intern Position Summary:
EVgo is seeking an Intern, Legal to assist the legal department in its day to day and strategic endeavors for the 2023 summer internship season. This position will work closely with the Senior Director, Legal on a wide range of activities, including preparing initial drafts of contracts, reviewing and organizing corporate documents, coordinating across legal, business and operations teams, and assisting with long term strategic projects relating to EVgo’s core mission of bringing electric vehicle fast charging equipment to market.
- Work closely with key operational partners on the legal team and business and operations teams at EVgo to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Prepare first drafts of agreements under supervision of an attorney;
- Critically evaluate, revise and improve processes;
- Assist with implementation and management of contract management software and optimize its functionality to facilitate company growth;
- Lead initiatives to develop and implement training programs;
- Perform research and present to the legal team on novel legal topics;
- Be a key innovation partner to the legal team with a fresh perspective on how processes and ideas can improve.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a growth-stage company that is focused on innovation.
- JD candidate.
- Document management or other strong organizational experience; familiarity with Salesforce or other sales management applications.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools and legal software tools (databases, e-signature tools, etc.).
- Organized and experienced with executing competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment.
- Self-starter capable of working independently to analyze issues, collect information, solve problems and able to act as an effective communicator.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams and senior executives on strategic projects.
- Team player who can flourish and build confidence with multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritize competing projects simultaneously.
- Intellectually curious, desire and ability to learn new content and concepts and be able to think creatively.
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate about sustainability and the need for change in the transportation industry.
Interns are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
For job positions in CA, CO and NYC, the estimated hourly rate for this position is $31.50 USD.