Posted on 5/19/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor's degree in business, public relations, communications or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience with public company communications, government relations, and investor relations
- Demonstrated leadership skills in communications and digital platforms, as well as strategic value proposition development and creative execution
- Proven record of delivering impactful external and internal communications, including message development, communications planning, segmentation and measurement
- Clear history developing and executing brand communications and managing corporate public relations functions
- Significant experience in positively handling high-profile communications issues, demonstrating sound judgment and persuasive counseling to senior management
- Strong record of nurturing positive relationships with senior editors and reporters of domestic and international news organizations and be able to develop and nurture relationships with front-line and senior management
- Demonstrated exceptional insight and knowledge of emerging and social media
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior leadership and interface effectively and positively with clients and stakeholders
- Experience in building and leveraging matrix partnerships
- Proven record of developing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Experienced in handling transformational shifts within an organization and ability to manage the differences in opinions and culture
- Strong agency and project management experience
- Experienced in crisis communications
- Oversee all corporate reputation efforts in key markets and contribute to brand marketing efforts based on detailed understanding of Enova's businesses
- Build strategic, effective communications plans for Enova executives and corporate initiatives with varied and integrated communications tactics including websites, print publications, newsletters, online communications, media and public relations
- Manage media relations, pitching and incoming press inquiries
- Develop positive relationships with new and traditional media, influencers and analysts and secure press coverage
- Serve as the strategic external communications lead for all Enova leaders and serve as a spokesperson for the company. Oversee the guidelines for external speaking and presentations, approval of materials, and media training for senior management
- Provide leadership on development and execution of crisis communications plans
- Develop relationships and represent the company to industry and with key influencers such as media, advocacy groups, trade organizations and coalitions
- Contribute to the development of, and provide oversight for, the execution of communications strategies and plans with national and state legislators, regulators, and industry organizations
- Support CEO in developing effective communications that leverage the brand promise and promote the company and its people
- Lead the effort to identify and win external awards and recognition for Enova achievements throughout the countries where we operate
- Manage corporate engagement programs and initiatives, including Enova Gives
- Oversee essential stakeholder partnerships, thought leadership and media engagement to promote Enova globally as a great place to work
- Manage and refine external communications guidelines and tools to ensure consistency
- Participate in content development and management of all external digital and social media entities, including corporate website, and any others developed for corporate reputation or issues purposes
- Contribute to the development and production of investor related communications
- Contribute to the development and execution of investor and industry analyst related communications strategies and plan
- Manage the creation, publication and distribution of external reports and shareholder mailings, including the annual public report
- Write, edit, produce, and distribute branded clear and concise and emotionally engaging communications across multiple internal and external audiences that brings our unique culture, mission and values to life through various formats and channels including email, newsletters, social media, and video
- Oversee staff operations, business planning and budget development
- Oversee development of press coverage reports and distribution of news clips to employees
Enova is a mission-driven organization helping hardworking people get access to fast, trustworthy credit.
- Advance your career - We have a dedicated training team focused on giving you the tools you need to succeed within your department, within the company and in your career. The focus starts day one with a robust onboarding program and continues throughout your career at Enova.
- See the benefits - Full-time employees receive medical, dental and vision benefits; matching 401(k); PTO; commuter benefits; flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent daycare; and more!
- Be recognized - There’s plenty of room for both lateral and upward movement here at Enova. We’re always interested in promoting from within, and we keep a lookout for top talent who are ready to advance.
- Get your perks - Full-time employees can receive tuition reimbursement, one-month paid sabbatical after four years, discounted massages, manicures and other perks.
- Give back - We work throughout the year to partner with local charities and assist our neighbors in need. We also offer a charitable match program — allowing team members to double their impact when they donate money to charity.
- Have fun - We like challenges here; maybe that’s why we have so many games, competitions and outings. There are a number of ways you can scratch your competitive itch and have fun!
- Customer first - We listen to our customers’ needs and create products that solve real problems. We deliver beyond expectations, treating our customers the way we want to be treated.
- Best answer wins - We believe innovative ideas and solutions can come from anywhere. That’s why we make sure the best answer wins — no matter who it’s coming from.
- Operate as an owner - The entrepreneurial spirit runs strong at Enova. We encourage team members to think big and move fast and use resources like they’re their own.
- Accountable for results - We’re a data-driven company, and we use that data to add value and create results. We set our expectations high and do what we say we are going to do.
- Top talent and teamwork - Enova is a place for the best and brightest, from all walks of life and parts of the world. We work in small, focused teams that encourage diversity of thought.