Software Engineer (Java)-Remote(Poland)
Posted on 3/21/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong familiarity with Object-Oriented Design and programming best-practices
- Experience developing and deploying production REST APIs
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of concepts surrounding microservices architecture
- Great understanding of CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent level of demonstrable professional competency
- Work on things that matter and have a real impact
- Great team and lots of opportunities to develop your skills
- Employment contract + Tax-deductible costs ("autorskie Koszty Uzyskania Przychodu")
- Compensation: Base Salary + Annual Bonus
- Professional equipment (you can choose between a new MacBook Pro 16" 32GB RAM or similar spec PC)
- Experience using public cloud providers, preferably AWS (EKS, DynamoDB, IAM, SQS, S3...)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code approach and configuration management, using tools like Terraform
- Experience in building platform software using Kubernetes, Docker and cloud native technologies
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Go, Kotlin)
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.