Role: Software Engineer II, Custom Services
Reports to: Manager, Custom Services
Department: Custom Services
Location: Remote- US (East Coast)
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With nearly 35 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular platform to develop and deploy secure Python solutions, faster. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, championed its vibrant community, and stewarded the open-source projects behind tomorrow’s artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) breakthroughs. Our solutions enable practitioners and institutions around the world to securely harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking discoveries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Software Engineer II, Custom Services to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Custom Services team, solving problems for our clients using tools from the Python open-source ecosystem along with Anaconda products
- Maintain and extend open-source tools, including the HoloViz.org visualization libraries
- Translate business requirements to software architecture and technical implementation
- Write technical documentation and public examples as needed
What You Need:
- Fluency working with data in Python
- Experience with the data-science stack, e.g. Pandas, Jupyter, and other Python tools for data visualization and analysis
- BS or higher degree in a quantitative technical field, or equivalent experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with revision control systems (git/github, etc.)
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization and self-motivation
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with CI, testing, and other automation tools
- Experience with Bokeh or HoloViz tools
- Experience with advanced Python data libraries such as Dask and Numba
- UX/UI/graphic-design training or experience
- Experience working in a client-facing environment
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Medical*, Dental*, Vision*, HSA*, Life* and 401K*
- Flexible working hours
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Generous Parental leave
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
- *FTE employees based on your region
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.