At Zoox, you’ll be part of a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, controls, computer vision, simulation, design, and automated testing. You will be challenged to rethink what it means for hardware design to develop a purpose-built vehicle that drives itself. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
As an electrical harness engineer on our electrical systems team, you will work with cross-functional teams to design and deliver one of the most sophisticated harnesses placed in a vehicle.
- Design low-voltage wiring harnesses using CATIA V5/V6.
- Work with system engineers to define each system’s requirements and endpoints.
- Maintain device transmittals, 2D logical schematics, and 3D harness routings.
- Own the harnesses from design through production.
- Work with suppliers, quality teams, manufacturing, and test teams to resolve technical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Understanding of harness manufacturing processes.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and efficiently coordinate demands from diverse development teams.
- 3-5+ years of experience in harness design.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6 and/or 3DX.
- Automotive, aerospace, or safety-critical industry experience.
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $113,000 to $184,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate’s relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.