Red Ventures tax team is seeking a Tax Professional with experience in high-net worth individual tax returns. including analysis, preparation, review, and filing of state and local, federal, as well as international taxes. Position reports to Red Ventures Vice-President of Tax.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with Red Ventures partners to provide tax preparation services for high-net-worth individuals and other business returns.
- Prepare intermediate to complex pass-through returns.
- Interact directly with partners to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise and strategy.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to the partners tax positions.
- Research and propose tax related strategies to partners.
- Work with external investment partners to understand current and potential new investments and associated tax impact.
- Work with Red Ventures tax team and subject matter experts as needed.
- Manage K-1’s, 1099’s, and other data collection necessary for tax preparation.
- Identify, analyze, and implement tax software to reduce manual data collection and input tasks.
- Working with the Red Ventures tax team to develop strategies to automate documentation flow and reduce manual processes.
- Support Red Ventures tax team with the preparation of corporate federal and state, tax compliance and reporting.
What We’re Looking For:
- Deep technical competence in high-net-worth person compliance and consulting matters, including tax planning and tax return compliance.
- Experience in intermediate to complex pass-through return compliance.
- Team player with excellent organizational skills, polished communication, interpersonal skills, and be willing to multi-task.
- Flexibility, sense of urgency, professionalism, and ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive data
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Master’s in taxation preferred.
- Prefer two or more years in tax accounting for high-net-worth individuals.
- Hands on experience with tax reporting software, Corptax or CCH preferred.
- Individual must be based in, or willing to relocate to, Charlotte area.
- CPA certification or candidate preferred.
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Automation Anywhere or Process Automation Software is a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Opportunity for position growth within Red Ventures tax team.
- Hybrid environment – estimated 3 days/week in our corporate headquarters and 2 days/week remote.
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.