Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don’t say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
At Kiva, we pursue our mission through quantifiable results and measurable impact. To do so, we collect and analyze data from both our borrowers and field partners. We regularly review and incorporate the latest external research, practices, and standards. As Kiva operates at the intersection of financial inclusion and technology, we take a multi-method approach to measurement, with a strong emphasis on efficiency and scalability. Importantly, as Kiva drives toward impact at scale, we take a proactive approach to defining new impact models as we adapt, expand, and maximize our investments.
This role will join Kiva’s impact team, which is responsible for Kiva’s impact strategy, frameworks, and operationalization across all of Kiva’s impact lines, and ensures Kiva is able to communicate our impact effectively. This role will report to the Senior Director of Impact, and have close interaction with the wider investments team. All members of the impact team often work cross-functionally, working closely with Strategic Partnerships, Communications, Product, Marketing, and Engineering.
The Impact Content Creation Manager fills a critical function ensuring Kiva has growing evidence of impact to strengthen our impact narrative, and provide Investments, Marketing, Communications, Product and Strategic Partnerships teams with impact assets they need to guide investment decisions, and strengthen marketing, fundraising and external communication efforts. As such they will gather impact evidence from Kiva’s partners, translate and curate that evidence, and provide content for marketing, fundraising and external communications.
They will work closely with the Impact Senior Director to implement Kiva’s learning agenda to deepen and grow the evidence base supporting Kiva’s impact. They will assist the Investments and Strategic Partnerships (fundraising) teams to support both development of and reporting on grants and funds. They also will support both regular reporting (ie. investor quarterly reports), as well as on-going requests for impact evidence and insights from Product, Marketing, Communications, Impact Investments, and Strategic Partnerships teams.
The ideal candidate is passionate about evidence of impact, is a strong communicator and writer, and is familiar with impact monitoring and evaluation practices. They thrive on high levels of autonomy, and enjoy working collaboratively across an organization. This position will report to our Senior Director of Impact.
This role can be based in U.S. Remote, or Bogota, CO.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English.
Key Responsibilities:Impact Translation, Insights, and Communication
- Support Strategic Partnerships, Communications, Marketing and Fundraising teams with relevant and timely impact insights and evidence for building partnerships, engaging constituents, fundraising and communicating Kiva’s impact
- Gather impact evidence from Kiva’s partners and translate that evidence into meaningful insights and assets for use across Kiva, and externally
- Maintain and improve upon Kiva’s public impact data dashboards
- Report on key impact metrics for internal and external stakeholders, including investor quarterly reports, annual impact reports and organizational OKRs
- Manage and expand on Kiva’s internal literature reviews and evidence mapping of investment sectors to ensure knowledge management for effective sharing out of Kiva’s impact
- Work effectively with Investment Managers to understand, interpret and utilize the impact insights of their portfolios
- Conduct periodic audits of lending partners’ client protection and affordability data
Impact Evidence Collection and Management
- Maintain evidence repository, to ensure the Communications, Strategic Partnerships, and Marketing teams have ready access to the data and evidence they need
- Co-manage the research design, execution (including vendor management), and outputs and learnings of Kiva’s field data collections
- Collect qualitative evidence of borrower and partner outcomes from Kiva’s partners in collaboration with Investment and Portfolio Managers
- Validate Kiva’s Impact by managing evaluations, quasi experimental studies (ie. 60 Decibels) that provide evidence of partner and borrower outcomes
- 3 to 5 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation, and/or international development with proven writing and communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Please submit resume and cover letter in English
- Passion for demonstrating and communicating evidence of impact
- Strong writing ability including synthesizing outputs and summarizing findings and results
- Strong data and impact evidence analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong data visualization and presentation skills
- Experience in knowledge management
- Internal client management approach
- Ability to work independently
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Experience in a start-up or other fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Political Science, Government, Data Analytics, Mathematics, International Development, or International Relations
- Microfinance, Impact Investing, impact monitoring, or impact evaluation experience
- Vendor management experience
- Familiarity with grants and/or funds
- Experience in data visualization or data dashboard tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Google Data Studio, or Salesforce
This position is based in Bogota, CO, por US Remote.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, professional development, 401k matching, generous PTO, and more.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary range: $48K - $65K for Bogota, CO; a final offer will be dependent upon a candidate’s location, skills and experience.
- Salary range: $65K - $75K for U.S. Remote; a final offer will be dependent upon a candidate’s location, skills and experience.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.