About the Team
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We are working on building autonomous delivery robots from the ground-up and other automation solutions as part of DoorDash’s core delivery platform. If you have a passion for applying AI and robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, then we want to talk to you!
About the Role
We’re hiring a platform engineer for our autonomy software team. In this role, you’ll work with multiple stakeholders including Product, Engineering (hardware and software), and Operations to develop the software foundations (e.g., middleware) that supports our autonomy algorithms.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Play an integral role on a small focused team.
- Build high-impact software foundations (e.g., middleware and introspection tools) for a state of the art autonomy software system.
- Collaborate with technical domain experts in Hardware, Autonomy (e.g., Perception, Prediction, Planning), and Safety to solve interesting problems that span domains.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have strong C++ programming skills.
- You are a systematic thinker who seeks simplicity. You are comfortable thinking through both algorithmic and systems challenges.
- You have a deep understanding of operating systems as well as computer architecture.
- You have Industry experience working with and/or building publish/subscribe middleware
- You want to build dependable high performance software.
- You want to build software frameworks, middleware and tools that will boost your colleagues ability to build quality software (e.g., develop new features faster with fewer defects).You pride yourself on delivering effective test suites along with the features you implement
- Nice to haves include:
- Experience in the self-driving car industry
- Experience implementing systems with real-time requirements
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
California Pay Range: