Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
The GP eXperience team (i.e., GPX) is responsible for Juniper Square’s product offering for General Partners (GPs). This is our core product that enables all other innovation at Juniper Square as we unlock and improve the world’s private capital markets. Our platform handles billions of dollars of transactions each month and we are actively expanding into additional private asset classes such as Venture Capital & Private Equity. Come help us innovate in fundraising, reporting, asset-ownership mapping, and more.
We are Team Equities also known for asset management, part of the larger track called GP eXperience (GPX). We are responsible for building and maintaining the foundational blocks of the GPX Software. Some examples of what We are responsible for tracking: ownership for all managed investments, all transactions between investors and the funds regarding an investment. This is ensuring the right amounts are allocated correctly. Essentially we are powering their information tracking and making it way easier to track who invests in what vs traditional spreadsheets. This will enable new asset classes such as Private Equity Venture Capital (PEVC) and many others in the future.
About the role
As a Staff Software Engineer at Juniper Square, you will be primarily a technical leader, identifying and acting on opportunities to increase the efficiency, stability and consistency of the engineering team. Other responsibilities could include leading an engineering team and collaborating closely with product, design, and QA teams to build and deliver delightful user experiences, making complex workflows simple and intuitive.
You will be leading efforts to instill and iterate on engineering best practices, ensuring a healthy codebase, ultimately leveling up the team.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide full stack focused technical leadership, leveling up existing team members and helping build high-performance teams
- Position our entire software stack - both application and DevOps related - for success as we transition from a startup to an large organization
- Actively seek opportunities to improve our platform and developer experience and own those initiatives through execution
- Implement and ensure best practices across the teams to maximize developer productivity
- Own the long-term vision of key focus areas such as Juniper Square’s design system, GraphQL schema design, build-and-deploy process, and code quality initiatives including Typescript and test coverage
- Contribute directly to efforts through building features and frameworks, conducting code reviews, participating in architecture and system design discussions
- Actively monitoring and addressing production issues
- Write high-quality code that is well-tested, secure, and maintainable
- Lead the development of complex workflows, working with both frontend and backend engineers
- Mentor other engineers and designers across the company on best practices for full stack development
- 10+ years of working experience and expertise level using Python (or other server-side web application development languages)
- Solid understanding of server-side MVC frameworks (like Django, Rails, Pyramid etc.)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with open source relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, etc)
- Experience operating Linux clusters (AWS is a plus)
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $151,200 - $252,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend