Data Integration, Remote Option, Canada
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • Remote
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product Manager for a mid-to-large sized organization, or direct consulting expertise leading sales & marketing, support, and services transformation projects
- Proven ability to manage shared horizontal services that often require managing multiple timelines and integrated release schedules
- Experience developing LOE's in conjunction with sales, services, support, and other business use cases/stories
- Deep familiarity with BI/Analytics/Data warehouse concepts and designs
- Hands-on experience in mid-size, global implementations leveraging tools like MuleSoft, Informatica, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Snowflake, etc
- Ability to communicate technical details regarding application integration, ETL, data visualization, and BI concepts and frameworks
- Familiarity and exposure to enterprise SaaS applications like Salesforce, Workday, Oracle Financials, Coupa, Concur, etc
- Excellent documentation skills in authoring product requirements and use cases for software development
- Highly professional interpersonal, teamwork, oral, and written communication skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting capability for ferreting out issues and driving resolution
- Proven ability to take the lead in assigned responsibilities with light supervision
- Working knowledge of Lucidchart, Confluence, SharePoint, and Jira
- Demonstrated ability to plan roadmaps and execute effectively against them
- Strong knowledge of agile principles and process
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), CSM, or PSM certification
- The primary interface for the BI scrum team, highly and actively engaged to ensure development decisions stay aligned with business needs
- Collaborate with the product owners throughout the business to align product backlog and dependencies
- Research, clarify and document business requirements and/or business rules with business stakeholders to ensure alignment and to set proper expectations
- Gather inputs used in creating and managing a BI backlog for Data and Integration: defining and prioritizing requests, mapping them to release increments within an overall product roadmap and release plan for the products assigned
- Distill user stories into granular functional requirements that are comprehensively and concisely documented for the development team
- Provide and communicate analysis and requirement artifacts as required in supporting the development team. Includes data flow mapping, diagrams, use cases, process flows, context diagrams, and story maps
- Ensure that user story-level activity and execution is swift and timely within the BI development team
- Establish clear release plans, and own acceptance criteria in measuring the completion of capabilities called for in user stories
- Maintain and communicate a release-level burndown chart, drawing from the completion of individual user stories within the product backlog and overall component roadmap
- Participate in change management activities like UAT, training, communications, business readiness, etc
- Strong knowledge of agile principles and process; work closely with the scrum teams throughout the development process
- Hands-on experience in global implementations leveraging tools like MuleSoft, Informatica, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Snowflake, etc
- Manage the ThoughtSpot visualization team and ensure a timely delivery of the dashboards
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.