Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on 2/23/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 3+ years of professional software development experience in machine learning
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations of machine learning algorithms
- Previous experience building end to end machine learning systems
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Improve our existing machine learning systems using your core coding skills and ML knowledge
- Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to different parts of the Quora product
- Work with other machine learning engineers to implement algorithms and systems in an efficient way
- Take end to end ownership of machine learning systems - from data pipelines, feature engineering, candidate extraction, model training, as well as integration into our production systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years of experience writing Python or C++ code
- Experience with leading large-scale multi-engineer projects
- Flexible and positive team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals
Social Q&A platform
Quora's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge. Quora wants to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it.
Company Core Values
- Mission first: We place long-term, collective impact ahead of personal achievement.
- Drive: We aim high and do whatever it takes to get things done.
- Agility: We are nimble in our processes and systems, ready to adapt to a changing world.
- Awareness: We are rigorous in our decisions and candid in our communication.
- Pragmatism: We stay grounded in the outcomes that truly matter for our mission.