AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is a first-of-its-kind comprehensive consumer healthcare platform that meets people where they are in their personal journeys and connects them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health is a partnership between Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world. RVO Health has the largest consumer health and wellness audience online. Every month, we help nearly 100 million people take steps on their daily journey to lifelong well-being.
The Coaching platform offers preventive programs that help participants significantly improve their health. From our weight-loss application, Real Appeal, to our recent launch of Quit for Life, a smoking cessation program, we can help with users through their health journey. Users have access to nationwide coaches through voice and video through WebRTC, access best in class well-being classes and material, attend classes, integrate fitness wearables and more. We work in scalable technology stacks, integrating the latest technologies in our web portal, mobile applications, many backend services, and integrations with external partners. Our microservices and APIs are scalable and customizable based on the needs of clients and use-cases.
As part of our RVO Health Coaching team, in this role you will play a significant part in designing, and developing digital software components used across multiple member-facing portals. You will work in Agile Scrum environment, collaborating closely with the business product management and members of a global engineering team. You will apply your skills in a highly dynamic, innovative, forward-thinking environment that follows industry best practices and fosters engineering culture.
A qualified candidate is an experienced engineer with solid Scala/Java development experience, advanced knowledge of modern frameworks, strong software integration experience, and experience with defining technical solutions. He/she will develop application code hands-on and collaborate with the Platform Architect and stakeholders to define innovative digital solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product and IT stakeholders to build an understanding of systems or RESTful APIs involved in integrations
- Demonstrate a strong interest in application architecture and solution design
- Recommend complex integrated solutions that fulfill business requirements and align with technology roadmaps
- Design and develop product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Contribute to defining technical road maps; identify technical improvement and refactoring opportunities
- Ensure that all delivered solutions adhere to industry best practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability
- Work with geographically distributed Agile teams
- Work with product owners, product managers, and other stakeholders to groom & solution features
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for features, user stories, and tasks
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Participate in code reviews and adhere to best practices
- Be aware of current security trends, tools, and requirements
- Provide input to planning activities
- Participate in rotational on-call schedules as needed
- Work outside of standard office hours as needed and, on occasion, support night-time releases
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field OR equivalent experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Object Oriented Programming Languages such as Scala, and Java and modern back-end development frameworks, such as Play, Spring
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful APIs and MicroServices - It should be RESTful APIs
- 1+ years of Working experience with CI/CD pipelines
- 1+ years of Experience with Relation Databases
- Software Implementation and integration experience
- Working knowledge of or experience with Agile development lifecycle
Nice to Have
- 1+ years of working in a network or cloud security environment (logging, SIEM, Incident Response, Threat Hunting, SOC, etc)
- 1+ years of working experience with Terraform
- 1+ experience working in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].