Staff Platform Software Engineer
Posted on 5/26/2022
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated 8+ years' experience of developing embedded system software from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance
- Proficiency with modern C and/or C++ programming skills
- Experience with POSIX-based embedded systems; Preferred Linux and Android
- Deep knowledge of one or more technical areas such as displays, cameras, graphics, power management, audio, and Bluetooth
- Preferred experience with scripting languages such as PERL or Python
- Preferred experience with low-level interfaces typical of embedded systems: such as I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART, USB, PCIe, SDIO, UFS, MDIO
- Be responsible for the design, development, and deployment of embedded platform for the Infotainment application (i.e., displays, cameras, graphics, power management, audio, Bluetooth, etc)
- Assist in software-design and code reviews while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices and decision making
- Analysis of requirements, the architecture, design, development, code review, quality assurance and deployment of entire software engineering life cycle
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members such as Connected Car, Self-Driving, Common Software, and Powertrain team
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team