Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we’re best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we’ve added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma’s fast growing Partner Decision Science team is seeking an experienced Data Scientist or Data Analyst with Credit Risk Modeling support background. This role will allow a motivated individual to be an early member of a growing team who will work closely with our bank and Fintech partners to build and optimize targeting models on the Credit Karma platform. By doing this they will drive significant revenue for Credit Karma and its partners, while providing approval certainty for consumers. This is one of the most significant strategic initiatives at Credit Karma that will change the trajectory of the company and its industry.
What you’ll do:
- Be the critical bridge between banking / fintech partners and the Credit Karma data science platform. Help some of the biggest financial institutions in the country work with the CK modeling platform and meet all data requirements for banking / fintech partners
- Work hand-in-hand both with the internal data science teams, as well as partner risk science teams to integrate and build decision science models on the CK platform
- Build strong relations with data science teams at financial institutions, ranging from VP-level executives all the way to hands-on data scientists
- Thoroughly understand the capabilities of the Credit Karma machine learning platform, and help drive requirements and directly enhance Karma s capabilities
- Optimize and guide the partner model building and analytics process, in order to achieve optimal results. Coach partner risk teams on machine learning capabilities provided by the CK platform, providing advocacy for partners within Credit Karma and vice versa
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Statistics, Math, Data Analytics or a relevant quantitative discipline
- Approximately 5 years of experience in statistical analysis, modeling, or data analysis, preferably related to one or more of: credit and underwriting, customer segmentation and marketing analytics, or customer valuations
- Minimum of 3 plus years of experience building, implementing, or utilizing complex models in a financial risk / data science environment
- Experience with consumer credit data
- Strong knowledge of Python, SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling.
- Experience and/or interest in machine learning techniques
- Experience interfacing with teams at Financial institutions
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Pay Transparency Notice: Credit Karma’s mission of championing financial progress for all starts from within. That’s why we implemented role-based compensation, which ensures people who are in the same role receive the same pay with variations for geographic location only. It’s all part of a more comprehensive DEI strategy that helps level the playing field. The base salary range for this role is $170,118 to $188,461 plus equity and benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: