Principal iOS Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- Deep experience-based understanding of how to build mobile applications at scale
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives on developing a long-term technical foundation and has a passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people's lives globally
- 10+ years of Software development experience with at least 5+ years in designing/developing iOS applications
- Experience in influencing larger (200+ engineers) organizations on technical direction/best practices related to iOS
- Experience with modern iOS development frameworks such as Texture, UIKit, or SwiftUI
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people's lives globally
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as design, product, data teams to deliver great user experiences
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise
- Own the architecture of Reddit's iOS Mobile App and make it scale to the next 3-4 years of our unprecedented user growth. . Propose ideas/solutions to reach our vision of “making Reddit's Mobile Apps best-in-class.”
- Identify the gaps in our current iOS App Architecture, and lead redesign of the iOS platform to improve modularity, performance, and quality
- Help us improve the developer experience by reducing the build times, by providing a modular architecture, and improving the developer workflows
- Help us build the technical foundation for rapid experimentation without compromising on quality
- Mentor iOS developers across the company
- Be the go-to person for developers on complex problems in iOS development
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.