Technical Analyst Co-op - July 2023
July 10th - December 15th, 2023
Location: Boston, MA
We are looking for a highly motivated and solution-oriented Technical Analyst Co-op to join our Search and Recommendations Analytics team. The team provides the core platforms and services that allow our customers to discover & buy the products they love. Our systems leverage Wayfair’s extensive customer and product data to deliver trusted and valuable recommendations in real-time using custom machine learning models. The team leverages Wayfair’s huge datasets to inform the roadmap of our search and recommendations. We work in close collaboration with a high performing team of engineers, machine learning engineers/data scientists, and product managers who are on the leading edge of the search and recommendation space. Examples of our work are:
- Design, run and analyze the results of A/B tests of new recommendation algorithms and strategies; we also develop new testing and test analysis methodologies.
- KPI reporting and monitoring; this includes anomaly detection tools and advanced measurement approaches.
- Exploratory data analysis (e.g. clustering/segmentation) to generate new insights & inform our product recommendation roadmap.
- Use and develop our in-house automated tools; for instance, we have created a QA tool to better understand the performance of our new algorithms before A/B testing them.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, run, and analyze A/B tests of our latest search or recommendations algorithms
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including clickstream, product, sales, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (e.g., Product Management, Software Engineering, Machine Learning Science, Advanced Analytics & Insights) to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within a business unit to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including website funnel progression, customer segmentation and targeting, and customer engagement and behavior.
- Develop data visualizations via reports, dashboards, and analyses to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to over 10,000 global employees.
What You’ll Need:
- To be a Junior/Senior in a Bachelors program or Masters student pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, C)
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc. ) and Looker a plus.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus
Wayfair Co-Op Program Overview
Based in Wayfair’s Boston headquarters, Our Co-op program is a full-time, paid program that runs twice annually. Through the co-op program, students have the opportunity to gain impactful professional experience in their major or career field of interest by fully integrating with Wayfair business units. While the majority of Wayfair co-ops join directly from an academic program, some co-ops join us from varying professional and academic backgrounds seeking a six-month professional experience. In addition to exciting project work, Wayfair co-ops have the opportunity to build their professional networks, take advantage of training offerings, and attend social events throughout the program.
An Important Note about Wayfair’s In-Office Policy:
All Boston-based interns, Co-ops, and corporate employees will be in office in a hybrid capacity. Employees will work in the office on designated days, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and work remotely the other 2 days of the week. We are continuing to monitor the evolving COVID-19 pandemic in partnership with state and local governments.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].