Senior Research Analyst
Posted on 2/24/2023
- Strong analytical and technical skills and demonstrated ability to apply economic theory or statistical techniques to solve real-world problems
- Ability to write about and explain complex concepts in simple, concrete terms
- Ability to meet milestones while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while learning from members of the team and supporting an inclusive, empathetic, and supportive team culture
- Experience in a client-facing role, keen business development sense, and strong client relationship skills
- Experience with project management - especially in a consulting environment - is a strong plus, but we will also support motivated candidates who wish to develop project management skills
- Strong proficiency with MS office (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and SQL, Python, or related applications is required. Experience with Tableau is ideal
- Bachelor's degree or above in a field with a strong quantitative and analytic focus, or demonstrable experience performing statistical or economic analysis
- Experience making and communicating data-driven decisions, preferably in an externally-facing role related to consulting, human resources, workforce planning, economic analysis, or a similar environment
- Support or project manage client projects by performing and overseeing quantitative analysis using Lightcast's world-class workforce data and other data sources to research, model, and recommend workforce solutions for global employers
- Develop knowledge of issues related to human resources, workforce analytics and planning, and/or the impact of emerging technologies on the future of work
- Generate custom datasets, reports, and visualizations that solve clients' most pressing workforce challenges
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to clients and consult clients on how to use data to make data- driven decisions
- Develop innovative analytical models and document the methodology and findings in a manner accessible to a variety of audiences
- Nurture client relationships from project kickoff through project closeout. Become a trusted resource for our clients to support them as they grapple with key strategic workforce planning challenges
- Contribute to positive team culture by participating in team-building activities and being a supportive and empathetic colleague
Economic development agency
Emsi's mission is to use data to drive economic prosperity.
- Work/life balance - We offer flexible work schedules that allow you a great work-life balance. We believe a healthy balance between home and the office best equips you to succeed in today’s world.
- Vacation - Right off the bat, you receive two weeks of paid vacation time every year. These two weeks increase up to four, based on the longevity of your employment.
- Health & wellness - Medical, dental, and vision coverage? You got it. For you and your dependents? You bet! We also provide 401K, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
- Parental leave - Emsi is a family-friendly workplace. New mothers receive six weeks of paid leave and fathers receive two weeks so families can take the time to enjoy their new additions!
- Holidays - Emsi offers over two weeks of paid holidays a year. We also close the office from Dec. 25th to Jan 1st.
Company Core Values
- Work with Gratitude - We always lead and work with a sense of gratitude
- Partner with Customers - We relentlessly serve our customers
- Operate as a Team - We have fun, win, and celebrate our success together
- Sustain our Company - We operate a profitable, growing company