Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- 8+ years of payroll experience and knowledgeable of wage and hourly laws
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- Experience with Accounting processes and month-end close including Journal entries and reconciliations as it relates to payroll
- Working knowledge with One Source Virtual
- Knowledge of SOX controls
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll administration processes and familiarity with enabling HRIS technology; specific Workday experience required
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and internal controls
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner and with discretion
- Experience with federal, state, local statutory and worker's compensation payroll audits
- Knowledge and general understanding of domestic and international payroll requirements, processes, and models
- Possess agility and ability to thrive in an ambiguous, unstructured, and fast-growing/changing environment executing day-to-day tasks as well as leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer service-oriented mentality
- Proactive approach to developing solutions and creative problem-solving, and operating with a sense of urgency
- Concise and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Hands-on approach and willingness to be involved at a detailed level but also operate and think strategically
- High degree of initiative, judgement, and discretion
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel (pivot tables and lookups)
- Facilitate the accurate and timely processing of bi-monthly payroll in Workday for 1000+ US employees
- Audit payrolls bi-weekly and semimonthly cycles before payrolls are released for processing
- Partner with payroll analysts on the payroll team in processing domestic and int
- Partner with Internal and External Business Partners to test new functional system enhancements, system updates and integrations
- Strong Experience with multi-state payroll; processing payroll tax amendments and W-2 reconciliations and state and local tax registrations
- Lead year-end to ensure a smooth year-end to provide accurate W2's
- Collaborate with multiple business teams within the organization like HR, Equity and Business Systems
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including various implementation and upgrades
- Monitor email inquiries from the [email protected] inbox and/or Thrasio ticketing system and respond to employees as necessary
- Participate in payroll projects and opportunities as assigned
- Process garnishments, unemployment wage claims and other tax tracers as needed
- Work closely with the other Payroll Analysts to provide excellent customer service and be back up for payroll process as necessary
- Work closely with internal staff and vendors to ensure HR, Benefit and Payroll changes are processed, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, month-end close and Management Reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Assist Payroll Director with annual audits such as 401k and Worker's Comp
- Work with the Team to provide guidance in payroll processes and provide feedback to improve payroll processes
- Complete accounting journal entries for month-end close
- Document all payroll processes and maintain documentation for business continuity
- Prepare monthly payroll-related account reconciliations
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiencies through best-in-class enhancements to processes and controls for payroll related activities
- Professional (CPP) designation preferred
Next-generation consumer goods company
Thrasio's mission is to reimagine how the world’s most loved products become accessible to everyone.
- See more of the world and your family with unlimited paid time off.
- Own a stake in Thrasio and be rewarded for your hard work.
- Learn and grow with free access to subscription sites and educational events.
- WFPMA (work from pretty much anywhere) or in one of our offices.
- Collaborate with incredibly smart folks, 95% of whom say they’d recommend Thrasio as a great place to work.